International Symposium on Fish Nutrition and Feeding (ISFNF) 2020 - Korea
Country: Korea, Event type: All Events, Aquaculture Events
The commercial and technology hub of Asia, Busan is a cosmopolitan city where people and ideas have met for centuries. Combining culture, history and creativity with fast-paced innovative development, it”s the idea location for ISFNF 2020 BUSAN.
The suggestion to organize the International Symposium on Fish Nutrition and Feeding (ISFNF) evolved from the International Union of Nutritional Sciences” Nutrition and Production of Fish and Shellfish Committee III/2 in 1988. Committee had the mandate to:
1) review the current status of fish nutrition research and development in the world segments;
2) organize and conduct seminars, symposia and fish nutrition sessions at national and international meetings and report findings and progress in fish nutrition research;
3) develop standardization techniques to conduct fish nutrition research;
4) develop lists of scientists in the world conducting fish nutrition research and their areas of expertise and;
5) promote the use of fish as experimental animals in the general area of nutrition research. IUNS council dissolved all the committees including Committee III/2 in 2001.
Three other international symposia were held earlier, through the sponsorship of other organizations. In 1978, the European Inland Fisheries Advisory Commission (EIFAC) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) organized a Symposium on “Finfish Nutrition and Feed Technology” in Hamburg Germany. The former Institute of Marine Biochemistry and the Fisheries Society of the British Isles organized a conference on “Nutrition and Feeding of Fish” at the Institute of Marine Biochemistry and the British Society of Fish Isle in Aberdeen, U.K. and in Brighton in 1985. In 1987, the former Institute of Nutrition (now NIFES) and Norwegian Fisheries organized the “Symposium on Nutrition and Feeding of Fish” in Bergen, Norway.
Although the first symposia under the official name ISFNF was held in Toba, Japan in 1989, the ISFNF committee called it as the third symposia. The Aberdeen and Bergen symposia were considered to be the first and second symposia respectively. Since then ISFNF has been held around the globe biennially with some exception. The proceedings of the symposia were initially published as texts, but later as conference proceedings in Aquaculture and Aquaculture Research journals. This symposium is the result of the effort of people from all over the world that dedicated their time to made this symposium possible.
IMD Companies Attending
- This information is unavailable.