Christy Turner Ltd is re-launching its new high capacity E R & F Turner 600 Flaking Mill, re-engineered specifically for the animal feed market, at VICTAM, on stand no. G057.
As one of the most established manufacturers of flaking mills, E R & F Turner’s new 600 mill; designed to handle steam flaked, micronized and extruded grains, maize, wheat, barley, beans, peas and soya, takes the proven chassis and roll design of its 600 mill, already used extensively across the breakfast cereal industry, and simplifying it to meet the needs of the animal feed market. The new mill also offers a more hygienic flaking process and a newly restructured pricing tariff, enabling the purchase of a premium brand at various price breaks, dependent on the ancillary elements specified by the purchaser. Chris Jones, managing director of Christy Turner Ltd (which brings together E R & F Turner, Miracle Mills and Christy & Norris), comments: “The redevelopment of our 600 flaking mill provides real benefits to animal feed producers by offering a premier mill at a competitive market price and reinforces our position at the forefront of the industry.”
Benefits of the new 600 flaking mill include:
- High precision, rigid bearing arrangement, enabling the production of very fine flakes, if required
- Heavy duty construction
- Chilled iron rolls – manufactured from high quality spun cast chilled iron, allowing for a long life and considerable number of regrinds
- Pneumatically operated scrapers as standard
- Common chassis supporting mill and motors is isolated from the surrounding structure on anti-vibration mounts
- Fully guarded rolls at all times, including when the covers are open
- Facility to insert sampling tray during flake production
The following upgrade options are also available:
- Fine adjustment mechanism to enable in process roll gap adjustment, or fully automated plc control of roll gap via servo valves fitted to the hydraulic pressure assembly
- Integrated variable speed feed roll unit or standalone vibratory feeder
- Water cooled rolls
Chris Jones concludes: “We are proud to count many of the world’s leading animal feed producers as clients, and our new 600 flaking mill further reinforces the reliability and quality craftsmanship for which E R & F Turner is renowned.”
About Christy Turner Ltd:
Christy Turner Ltd combines more than a century and a half of experience and innovation, the latest design tools, and sound engineering. Formed from five separate companies, each with its own individual expertise, Christy Turner’s worldwide reputation is based on the design, manufacture and supply of British engineered high quality flaking and hammer mills, pulverisers, grinders and associated plant.
Christy Turner machinery is used by international clients across many different industries and applications, including: the food industry, the animal feed industry, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, biomass processing, waste recycling, and mineral reduction.