May 6th, 2020: The American Feed Industry Association and Kansas State University have launched an online and on-demand extension of their well-respected AFIA/KSU-500, ‘Fundamentals of Feed Manufacturing,’ online course. The online modules are ideal for employees who need to understand more about the animal food industry or their specific role in the operation.
‘We are very excited to offer our industry a new and flexible way to educate employees working in feed manufacturing facilities,’ said Gary Huddleston, AFIA’s director of feed manufacturing and regulatory affairs. ‘There’s not a lot of good available opportunities for feed manufacturing employees to complete skills training and these online modules will give plant managers an affordable option without travel.’
Employees will be able sign up for and take any of the available courses at a time that best fits their schedules and needs. The modules include narrated presentations and knowledge checks. Participants will receive a certificate of completion after successfully finishing the module.
Available modules include:
• AFIA 500A: Overview of U.S. Feed Industry and History
• AFIA 500B: Batching, Mixing and Particle Size Reduction
• AFIA 500C: Pelleting Process
• AFIA 500D: Finished Product Packaging and Bulk Loadout
• AFIA 500E: Basics of Quality Assurance
• AFIA 500F: Boilers and Boiler Efficiency
• AFIA 500G: Preventive Maintenance, Sanitation and Energy Conservation
The courses are open to anyone within the feed industry, but AFIA member employees will receive discounted registration rates.
For more information on the modules, visit AFIA’s website, HERE.